Ministry of External Affairs Internship by the Government of India had started taking applications from students for a six-month internship at MEA Headquarters. These Government internships will provide a great opportunity for candidates to get familiarized with the formulation of policies by the Government of India. The selected interns will work under the concerned Head of Division, Mission or Post. During the internship, the interns may have to conduct research, write reports, analyze the developments or any tasks assigned by the concerned Head.
Eligibility for Ministry of External Affairs Internship:
- Must be an Indian Citizen (OCI cardholders and foreign nationals may apply for the Ministry of External Affairs Internship at Indian Missions and Posts abroad)
- Doing the final year in any undergraduate course or possesses a graduate degree before the internship starts.
- Less than 30 age at the time of application
- Priority for the applicants with the excellent academic track record from reputed institutions or research scholars or with a credible recommendation from faculties
Duration of Internship
- The applications are open throughout the year.
- If got selected, applicants will be informed about the date start of their internship term.
- The internship will for a period of 6 months.
- Extensions may be granted on a case-to-case basis during exceptional cases.
- The intern can choose to leave the internship giving prior notice of one week.
Location /Remuneration /Certificate of Internship:
The internship will happen within the premises of Ministry/Mission/Posts and interns will require to work only on-site. Necessary logistical support will be provided to interns. There will be no financial remuneration paid to the interns. On successful completion, the administration division will issue an certificate based on the recommendation from the concerned head.
Duly filled and completed applications with all required documents to be sent by speed or registered post to the office of Joint Secretary.
Joint Secretary (Administration)
Ministry of External Affairs
Room No.149 A, South Block
New Delhi – 110011.
For an internship in Indian Missions/Posts, applicants may send their applications to the Head of Chancery by post, at the Mission/Post’s address
- Duly filled in Application Form
- Copy of any three proofs (Aadhar card/Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/ Driving Licence/ Ration Card). For OCI Card Holders, Passport, National Identity Card, OCI Card
- Curriculum Vitae
- Introduction letter from the Head of Institution on the official letterhead where the applicant studying or studied.
- No objection certificate from Institution in case the applicant is doing the internship parallel to the ongoing course.
- Self-attested certificates and transcripts for all the accomplishments, educational qualifications, current courses being pursued and projects undertaken
Applicants have to apply four months before the intended date of the start of the internship. Selected applicants will be informed. The selection committee will have a personal interaction with the candidate and verify the original documents.
Number of MEA Government Internships:
An approximate of 30 interns at Ministry at a given point of time. Up to 2 by mission or posts for OCI cardholders
For more details check the official page on MEA
To get notified on similar opportunities and career tips. Join our WhatsApp Group