Microsoft is accepting applications from students across the globe for its Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) Program for the year 2019-2020. Microsoft Student Partners are the campus ambassadors who have a passion for technology, desire to learn and share.
MSPs expand their knowledge from peers, experts and through self-paced learning materials. Being part students are supposed to lead the next generation of tech innovators by sharing their knowledge among others. That can be by arranging courses, giving presentations, leading hackathons, mentoring other students and initiating projects or unlocking a great idea within their team.
Microsoft Student Partner Eligibility:
- The applicant should be a minimum of 16 years at the time of submission.
- Should have enrolled as full-time in an accredited academic institution like a college or university.
MSP Application Process:
- Eligible students can apply directly through the program website.
- Other than your personal and educational details you need to submit the following details.
- A written sample of how you teach a basic coding concept like data type conversions, loops or a favorite API.
- Demonstrate your passion for technology by recording a video of yours under two minutes explaining what excites you about technology and why you want to help other students explore and learn. A video recorded using your phone where the voice can be clearly heard is accepted. Upload the video to YouTube or OneDrive and submit the URL. You can check in YouTube for many sample videos of previous years application
- A written sample on the different ways you will reach to your student community to make the students attend an event.
Optional Additional Fields:
Adding the following additional fields will increase your chance of getting selected. But please make sure that they are worth to submit for the application process. Refer my blog on Customizing your LinkedIn profile.
- URL of any technical blog post or how-to video in any language uploaded before
- Personal website or online resume URL
- GitHub repository URL
- Twitter Handle
- Stack Overflow display name
- Instagram account name
- LinkedIn profile URL
Selected MSPs will get access to resources and tools to enhance their technical and career skills which are not usually tight in academia. Thus students can enhance their career skills and employability. The results will be announced in August 2019 and the selected candidates will be notified by email. Find a world of coders with a shared passion to go beyond the classroom and do more.
To know more such opportunities and career tips for students, join our WhatsApp Group