If you are a student leader passionate about growing a developer community for students to foster learning, sharing, and collaboration, the program is for you. Get supported and recognized by Google as Google Student Club Lead (DSCs).
Being part of the program you will get an opportunity to:
- Grow your knowledge of developer technologies through dedicated workshops and events.
- Gain industry experience by developing technology-based solutions to solve your local organization’s problems.
- Get exposure by showcasing your solutions or prototypes to your community and industry leaders.
Being a DSC Lead you are supposed to:
- Commit a one and a half years for the program
- Talk to your college and set up a club in your campus
- Organize workshops and events and deliver training
- Empower and help other students also to lead training
- Facilitate activities for your club members to initiate technology-based solutions for local organizations and business
- Showcase the solutions developed by your club members in other events also or through the GDG events.
DSC India Eligibility:
The DSC India program is looking for those who are
- An undergraduate or graduate student who is not in the final year.
- Passionate student leaders who are excited about technology
- Who is already active in other communities or technical clubs
- Already having experience on mobile apps of working on web or cloud technologies.
- Prior experience on training technology things to fellow students or through communities
- Passionate about solving local organization or business problems
- Fill the application form with your details
- Shoot an introduction video of 30 seconds of you facing the camera and upload in youtube as public. In the video, you have to explain why you want DSC on your campus, and what makes you a great DSC Lead, and something more about you to impress them. While form filling you have to submit the link to the video
- Please record a 30 seconds video about yourself, why you want to have a DSC on your campus, why you would make a great DSC Lead. Add more details would help us to get to know you better. Be creative, innovative and show what you got!
- Scan and upload your college id card on Google docs and ensure that sharing is set to – “Anyone with the link”
- Get and be ready with two recommendation letter from any of your faculty, HOD, principal or dean of your institution. Upload the same to google docs with sharing assigned as “Anyone with the link”
Please make sure that you are not a student who completes your graduation in 2019 as you are not eligible for the program. If you are one please pass the information to any of your juniors or faculties so that they can identify one. In the form, there is a field to provide your LinkedIn Profile. Make sure you are having a great impressive profile. Check out my blogs on how to have a great LinkedIn profile
Set up a LinkedIn account
Customizing your Profile
All the best to be part of DCS India